In order to apply to teach at Cascadia, please click here to fill out the online teacher application.
Cascadia Learning Cooperative is looking for people to teach, lead, facilitate classes in ALL areas, like:
- Art – mosaic making, silk screening, painting, knitting, sewing, theater
- Music – violin, ukulele, flute, drumming, choir
- Language – Spanish, Japanese, American Sign Language
- Science – physics, chemistry, biology, or simply a class of experiments
- Language Arts – reading/writing, essay writing, creative writing
- Social Studies – current events, history, world religions
- Geography – tour of the world, cultural studies
- Math – basic math, geometry, algebra, calculus or simply play math games
- Physical – dance class, yoga, martial arts, cooking, health class
- Outdoorsy – wilderness survival, plant identification, hiking
- Propose anything! The sky’s the limit!
We also want to offer clubs, like gardening club, chess, book club, anime, TED talk discussion club, comic writing, etc. We need facilitators of the clubs as well.
We are looking for teachers, or facilitators of learning, in all subject areas. You do not have to be a certified teacher to apply, but you do need to:
- be organized and responsible, on-time and dedicated;
- prepare interesting, engaging lessons at an age-appropriate level;
- bring materials and supplies for your class (charging an additional supply fees for families may be allowed);
- help mediate conflict when it arises;
- communicate with parents and the administrator if there are any challenges or concerns;
- make the learning environment challenging and fun; and
- provide home exercises for your lessons when appropriate (depending on student age/subject).
Teaching one class per term will count as 2 hours in your 4-hour a week volunteer requirement (only required if you are a member). If you are not a member and seek compensation, please email Melissa Palma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to create a short bio for yourself that we can put on the website, a class description that we will also post on the website, agree to a criminal background check, and attend a short training before starting the term. You will be expected to teach one 75-minute class for one semester. If you would like to teach more than one class or design a year-long class, please speak with Melissa.
The Cascadia Learning Cooperative admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the program. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship, athletic and other school administered programs, employment practices, or membership.